9.26.2008

First Post: Baby Huey and the Babysitters - A Change is Going To Come

Alright friends here we go. I've decided to do this whole blog thing as a way to really dive head first into this era of music I love so much, maybe learn something and hopefully turn everyone on to some music they may not have heard before.

I'm going to start it off with this killer Baby Huey and the Babysitters track. This is an amazing spin on the Sam Cooke written song. Tons of echoey vocals as Huey really shows off his pipes. This is off the Babysitters only album Living Legend, released on Curtis Mayfield's label, Curtom. This album also contains the heavily sampled "Hard Times", used by A Tribe Called Quest (Can I Kick It?) and Ghostface Killah (Buck 50). Tragically Huey died of a heroin abuse related heart attack at the age of 26. It blows my mind, that voice coming out of a man only 25 years old.

Alright, y'all enjoy this track and the many to come. As the man says I hope you all become one of My People.

Download Baby Huey and the Babysitters - A Change is Going To Come

No comments: